A Comprehensive and Innovative Technology for Boiler Water Treatment
Kurita’s innovative Cetamine Technology is designed for complete protection of steam generators, hot water boilers, and closed systems. Composed of film-forming amines, Cetamine creates a hydrophobic protective film. This film, adsorbed on all metal surfaces in the system, creates a continuous barrier between water and metal, effectively inhibiting corrosion without affecting the heat transfer.
Cetamine treatment programs are frequently applied in low-pressure fire tubes and medium to high-pressure water-tube boilers in all types of industries. It is designed to protect the entire installation and is suitable for different types of water make-up qualities. It effectively inhibits corrosion and deposits in feed water systems, boilers, steam distribution systems, turbines and condensate lines.
Cetamine products are available as single component film-forming amine solutions for the application in Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG) and fossil-fired power plants or as multi-component products for complete plant protection in shell boilers and water tube boilers.
A treatment program based on Cetamine Film-Forming Amines is controlled by an easy to apply analytical method. Cetamine can be measured with a simple test kit or a photometric method. An innovative and patented test to determine the hydrophobic, protective film on system surfaces during shutdown periods is also available.
Kurita’s Cetamine Technology Provides
- Complete plant protection by means of a hydrophobic protective film
- All-organic treatment concept with low impact on feed water and boiler water conductivity
- Reduced corrosion especially during system start-ups and lay-ups
- Water and cost reduction by reducing boiler blowdown
- Improved heat transfer compared to conventional treatment programs
- Reduction of flow accelerated corrosion
- Dosing according to the quantity of make-up water leads to less product consumption
- Significant savings in water and energy