Are you interested in implementing Reverse Osmosis (RO) treatment into your industrial water treatment system? Prior to working with a professional to design your new system, there is some additional information that should be considered by your plant, as well as some information your RO manufacturer will need from you.
We recommend working closely with your water treatment professional to assess your system and review the following aspects of your plant:
- Raw water feed pressure
- Effluent pressure requirements
- Pre-treatment equipment – do you have equipment already or do you plan to purchase as a part of this new system?
- Can you handle a waste stream of 15-25%? What is your waste discharge plan?
- Will this system work with your current footprint?
Water quality data, pH level and water temperature will be an important part of the design of your new system as this is critical information your manufacturer will need. We’ve included a list below of the important contaminants that can impact system design. We recommend obtaining the water quality data for the contaminants listed below and sharing them with your water treatment system supplier.
- Sodium (Na)
- Magnesium (Mg)
- Calcium (Ca)
- Bicarbonate (HCO3)
- Chloride (CI)
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)