On April 1, 2022, Kurita America celebrates two years of uniting four legacy companies as one Kurita America with the help of Kurita Group, which is a leading global water treatment provider with dedicated employees, cutting-edge technologies, and proven solutions that combine chemical, mechanical, and operational aspects of a facility.
Over decades, the Kurita Group has an international network that spans 18 countries throughout Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas. Kurita America represents the combined experience and capabilities of our United States-based legacy companies, joined with the power derived from Kurita’s global leadership and commitment to innovations. Kurita Group’s global leadership has given Kurita America a pointed purpose, and Kurita America has made a common culture of excellence and the harmonization of humanity, technology, and nature
Focusing on creating value for society, our passion at Kurita America is to develop and deliver innovative solutions that make the world a better place. Products, technologies, and business models that have great effects on water saving, CO2 emission reduction, and waste reduction and contribute to the achievement of the goals and targets indicated by the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
With the Kurita Group, we have helped to develop products and technologies to for our customers’ needs and evolve our solutions:
- Cetamine® provides total protection of steam generators, hot water boilers, and closed systems by using an organic film with a low impact on feed water and boiler water conductivity.
- DReeM Polymer™ optimizes heat transfer surface cleanliness and efficiency while minimizing fuel costs in small or medium sized pressure boilers.
- Kuriverter® IK-110 maximizes operational capabilities and consistent flow in Reverse Osmosis (RO) systems to target biofilm, decrease pressure drops, stabilize salt rejection, and reduce operation and energy costs.
- S.sensing® CS system is an automatic, chemical injection monitoring system to control coagulant for optimum results to ensure correct dosage of treatment, reduce labor costs and sludge disposal, consistent effluent quality, and reduce surcharge.
- EnergyOUT™ RO technology removes dissolved ions in boiler feedwater, resulting in enhanced plant sustainability by lowering fuel demand, carbon emissions, chemical use, and water discharge.
- Lumyn™ is the digital platform that enables intuitive and proactive system management that puts actionable information in the hands of the people that need it, when they need it, and in a form they choose to receive it.
- PhosZero™ is a cooling water treatment product designed and proven to provide scale and corrosion results better than traditional phosphorus containing chemistries but without the discharge or aquatic toxicity concerns of older technologies.
In December 2020, Kurita America moved into our new headquarters in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis. The headquarters is 156,000 square feet with 86,000 square feet allocated for production. That is larger than a football field and can be observed from the second floor with an observation deck. The remaining space includes a lab, training room, and office space.
Combined with two labs and about 600 employees in North America, Kurita America brings a global team with a local perspective. Kurita America offers complete water system harmonization through a total-solutions approach we call the Kurita Way. The Kurita Way incorporates all aspects of a customer’s facility, including mechanical, chemical, and operational components, to solve the most complex water challenges and create unique value for a better, more sustainable world.