Each year organizations come together on the fourth Saturday in October to make a difference. Efforts big or small continue to have a positive impact in our communities as millions of people work to improve the lives of others in celebration of Make a Difference Day .
Here at U.S. Water, a Kurita company we are passionate about clean water access for all. Over the past year we have worked with organizations within our communities, and all over the world, to continue to promote this human right. Below we have highlighted some of our initiatives to support clean water access.
- A monetary donation was gifted to Pure Water for the World to empower four families with improved health and wellness through access to clean water and essential hygiene and sanitation solutions.
- In June of 2018, a group of U.S. Water volunteers spent a week in Honduras with Pure Water for the World installing bio-sand filters in multiple locations including family homes, a health clinic, children’s lunch center and a catholic seminary. Thirty-nine filters were installed during this trip, providing safe water for over 235 people.
- An equipment donation of RO units, tanks, support equipment and supplies were given to the non-profit organization Light in the World Development Foundation to provide potable water to their Agou medical clinic located in Togo, Africa.
- A monetary donation was given to the All Hands and Hearts organization to support disaster relief efforts on the island of Dominica following the Hurricane Maria destruction. This contribution was used to rebuild a water system at an educational center.
- U.S. Water donated filtration kits to the BUILD People Worldwide organization to provide residents in the villages in Cameroon, Africa access clean drinking water.
- Grassy Waters Everglades Preserve in Florida received a donation of trees to support the growing habitat garden by attracting wildlife to help sustain the Preserve’s natural ecosystem.
Make a Difference Day began in 1992 when USA WEEKEND magazine and Points of Light, an organization dedicated to creating a global culture of volunteering, joined together to create this annual celebration and continued to sponsor the largest national day of community service for more than twenty years.
U.S. Water strives to leave the world a better place with better water. Learn more about U.S. Water’s wastewater, water reuse and other sustainable solutions.